Do digital divisions still persist in schools? Access to technology and technical skills of teachers in high needs schools in the United States of America
Subscription Required: Yes
In this article, the authors examine whether there is any indication of current differences in technology access, skills and classroom integration practices as reported by teachers participating in...
Does Technology Pay? Investing Wisely Takes Discipline
This article investigates why districts should consider how—and if—purchasing the latest technology will translate into better classroom instruction.
Doing More with Less (and Other Practical Educational Technology Tidbits)
This article provides help and guidance with getting started with technology integration.
Doing More with Less: How Informed Assessment Practices Can Help
Free report highlighting the importance of assessment. Includes definitions of different types of assessments, examples of common assessment mistakes, and topics on assessment literacy, formative and...
Drafting: Possible Leads
Lesson in Action
Standards: Writing • Literacy in History/Social Studies
Students in Mr. Bradford’s 5th grade class are creating a digital report about key women in the American Revolution. In this lesson, students will practice drafting possible leads to use in their...
ESSA v. NCLB -- Every Student Succeeds Act: Students with Disabilities Front and Center
Subscription Required: No
ESSA provides a common language to bridge special education. Universal Design for Learning and technology can drive innovative strategies to enhance teaching and learning. This infographic compares...
Easy, Informal Professional Development
Subscription Required: No
Opening your classroom so your fellow teachers can just drop by and observe is a low-pressure way to collaborate and share best practices.
Ed tech can help cut costs
Arne Duncan and the National Education Technology Plan are emphasizing the use of technology to save money for school districts, including looking at data flow processes. This article asks, “How have...
Education Technology in the Every Student Succeeds Act
Subscription Required: No
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) includes an increased focus on technology-related requirements to achieve educational outcomes and opportunities for all students. This document is a summary of...
Education Week: 'Embodied Learning' Blends Movement, Computer Interaction
Standards: Model with Mathematics • Literacy in Science & Technical Subjects
Students who are able to engage in learning by being physically involved take more interest in classroom time. SMALLabs use a camera, projector, computer, and wand in an open classroom for students...
Education Week: Studies Find Payoff in 'Personalizing' Algebra
Standards: Reason Abstractly
Research is showing that when students are able to have math problems personalized to their learning style when learning a new or hard-to-grasp math concept, learning is enhanced and continues even...
Educational technology in U.S. public schools: Fall 2008
In this report, the authors present national data on the availability and use of educational technology among teachers in public elementary and secondary schools during the winter and spring of 2009...
Education’s Guide to Mobile Devices: Everything You Need to Know About Mobile Tech and Your Schools
This free report highlights mobile learning in education, and includes discussions of teacher-vetted apps, best practices in technology implementation, and how to make the most of mobile technologies...
Educators use student performance data to plan, implement, and evaluate
In this article, a middle school principal shares how he used data to make improvements in student achievement. By engaging in the repeated cycle of collect, analyzing, and using data, he believes...
Effective Math Instruction For Low Achievers
Standards: Make Sense of Problems • Use Appropriate Tools Strategically
The purpose of this review of the literature was to identify appropriate strategies to increase learning outcomes for low-achieving mathematics students. The authors identified 15 studies that met...
Effective Vocabulary Instruction
Subscription Required: No
"This article for educators offers ideas for: effective vocabulary instruction strategies, indirect vocabulary instruction, direct vocabulary instruction, analyzing word structure, selecting...
Effectiveness of question exploration to enhance students’ written expression of content knowledge and comprehension
Standards: Literature • Informational Text • Writing
The study examined the effectiveness of the use of a Questioning Instructional Routine in combination with an instructional graphic, a Question Exploration Guide, on students’ reading and writing...
Effectiveness of reading and mathematics software products: Findings from two student cohorts—Executive Summary (NCEE 2009-4042)
A 2003 design effort by ED working with educational technology and research experts recommended focusing the study on software products used to support reading and math instruction. The study team...
Effects of Morphological Instruction on Vocabulary Acquisition
Standards: Foundational Skills • Language
The study investigated the effectiveness of an intervention targeting morphological word structure on students’ vocabulary knowledge. The intervention program used a guided problem-solving approach...
Effects of a direct instruction main idea summarization program and self-monitoring on reading comprehension of middle school students with learning disabilities
Standards: Literature • Informational Text
The study examined the effectiveness of a main idea instructional program on and a self-monitoring technique on improving the reading comprehension of middle school students with disabilities. The...
- Math (72) Apply Math filter
- Interacting With Peers (12) Apply Interacting With Peers filter
- Modeling (20) Apply Modeling filter
- Organizing (13) Apply Organizing filter
- Supporting Science (14) Apply Supporting Science filter
- Thinking Aloud (18) Apply Thinking Aloud filter
- Understanding Problems (15) Apply Understanding Problems filter
- Using Precise Math Language (8) Apply Using Precise Math Language filter
- Visual Representations (19) Apply Visual Representations filter
- Reading (76) Apply Reading filter
- Context Clues (19) Apply Context Clues filter
- Fluency (20) Apply Fluency filter
- Self-Questioning (21) Apply Self-Questioning filter
- Semantic Mapping (17) Apply Semantic Mapping filter
- Summarizing (26) Apply Summarizing filter
- Visualizing (27) Apply Visualizing filter
- Word Analysis (20) Apply Word Analysis filter
- Writing Process (67) Apply Writing Process filter
- Article (161) Apply Article filter
- Bibliography (11) Apply Bibliography filter
- Leadership Team Support Material (18) Apply Leadership Team Support Material filter
- Lesson in Action (27) Apply Lesson in Action filter
- Module (9) Apply Module filter
- Professional Development Support Material (32) Apply Professional Development Support Material filter
- Quick View (13) Apply Quick View filter
- Research (81) Apply Research filter
- Slideshow (43) Apply Slideshow filter
- Tools and Templates (32) Apply Tools and Templates filter
- Video (41) Apply Video filter
- Webinar (7) Apply Webinar filter
School-wide Tech Implementation
- Budget for Technology (31) Apply Budget for Technology filter
- Data Gathering and Analysis (43) Apply Data Gathering and Analysis filter
- Goals (39) Apply Goals filter
- Leadership Teams (73) Apply Leadership Teams filter
- Professional Development (111) Apply Professional Development filter
- Technology Access and Support (76) Apply Technology Access and Support filter
- Vision (58) Apply Vision filter