Technology tips and teaching strategies aligned with PowerUp WHAT WORKS.
Bookshare: Wonderful, Free Assistive Technology Tools
Bookshare (www.bookshare.org) provides a wide range of free, digital curriculum materials for individuals with print disabilities and those with intensive academic needs. While its features can support reading instruction, Bookshare is neither an... More...
Assistance for Assistive Tech
In today’s technology rich environment there are many free technology tools, including numerous apps, which fall within the category of assistive technology. These tools have the potential to help students with disabilities and those that struggle... More...
5 Free Courses to PowerUp Your Personal Professional Development this Year!
PowerUp is a great source for expanding your personal professional development. From our curated Teacher Playlists and our resource-rich Instructional Strategy Guides in ELA and Math, to our suggestions for integrating technology, PowerUp is full of... More...
Using Technology to Support Close Reading
“Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text." (Common Core State Standards: College and Career... More...
Next Generation Student Assessment
How can assessment improve both teaching and learning? A critical goal of student assessment is to improve teaching and learning. Beyond offering ways to collect and analyze data, educational technology can play an important role in... More...
Engage Your Students with Transmedia Stories
“Transmedia storytelling (also known as transmedia narrative or multiplatform storytelling) is the technique of telling a single story or story experience across multiple platforms and formats using current digital technologies.” ... More...
All the News that's Free to Read—A Resource for ELL Students
Do you have students whose first language is not English? Have they recently come from another country and are learning English? Are you looking for meaningful, inclusive learning activities? One highly-engaging way to include every student is to... More...
Every fall, with the beginning of school year, teachers and students take time to get organized. Teachers set up their classrooms, arrange their schedule, and gather needed materials. Students load up backpacks, make plans with friends, and begin... More...
Technology Tools for Learning Logs
Both teachers and students can find value in using Learning Logs. For a student, it is a way to keep a record of what he or she is doing and learning in terms of knowledge and skills—right then, as the learning occurs. It is especially helpful for... More...
Perspectives from the Field: Professional Development on Context Clues
Laurie Lee, firstname.lastname@example.org , is an Exceptional Children's Program Specialist in the Rowan Salisbury Schools in North Carolina. She supports special education teachers in the areas of instruction and compliance. Additionally, she provides... More...
- Math (40) Apply Math filter
- Interacting With Peers (14) Apply Interacting With Peers filter
- Modeling (17) Apply Modeling filter
- Organizing (8) Apply Organizing filter
- Supporting Science (12) Apply Supporting Science filter
- Thinking Aloud (6) Apply Thinking Aloud filter
- Understanding Problems (8) Apply Understanding Problems filter
- Using Precise Math Language (10) Apply Using Precise Math Language filter
- Visual Representations (23) Apply Visual Representations filter
- Reading (38) Apply Reading filter
- Context Clues (7) Apply Context Clues filter
- Fluency (9) Apply Fluency filter
- Self-Questioning (10) Apply Self-Questioning filter
- Semantic Mapping (8) Apply Semantic Mapping filter
- Summarizing (20) Apply Summarizing filter
- Visualizing (20) Apply Visualizing filter
- Word Analysis (9) Apply Word Analysis filter
- Writing Process (30) Apply Writing Process filter
School-wide Tech Implementation
- Budget for Technology (8) Apply Budget for Technology filter
- Data Gathering and Analysis (7) Apply Data Gathering and Analysis filter
- Goals (6) Apply Goals filter
- Leadership Teams (19) Apply Leadership Teams filter
- Professional Development (48) Apply Professional Development filter
- Technology Access and Support (30) Apply Technology Access and Support filter
- Vision (12) Apply Vision filter
Supporting Struggling Students
Sep 21, 2018
Sep 05, 2018