Technology tips and teaching strategies aligned with PowerUp WHAT WORKS.
OpenEd and PowerUp What Works Form Partnership to Bring Together Comprehensive Online Educational Resources
PowerUp What Works has joined forces with OpenEd to bring educators a comprehensive suite of online educational resources! We’re working together to connect the 1000’s of online, high quality educational resources—including videos,... More...
Our Top Picks: Apps for Fractions
Fractions are often a difficult concept for students to master. Luckily, there are a lot of great apps that can help! The PowerUp technology experts have put together a list of our favorite, free and low-cost apps that are proven to help struggling... More...
An Abundance of Riches for Lesson Planning
I planned a lesson using two outstanding—and free—teacher-friendly websites that perfectly complement each other. PowerUp What Works offers standards-aligned, evidence-based practices in English Language Arts and Math, with suggested technology... More...
Travel Brochures: Let's Go!
Parents, grandparents, and guests filed into the 3rd grade classroom. They “oohed” and “aahed” over each student’s tri-fold travel brochure about a different state. This creative activity, which could be appropriate across... More...
Invigorate Your Personal Learning Network with the PowerUp Challenge!
Earlier this year, on the Tech Matters Blog, we shared our thoughts on Personal Learning Networks (PLNs). These PLNs consist of groups of professionals who share knowledge, best practices, and resources with one another in a particular... More...
Using Smartphones for Summarizing
How many of your students have a smartphone tucked, away according to school rules, but really never far from reach? Surprise them! Have them take out their smartphones and use them to build summarizing skills. Summarizing requires... More...
Google Maps to Build Math Skills
I am currently traveling outside of the U.S. in an old city with a zillion winding streets, all of which have names I can’t pronounce. Google Maps has become my best friend. Given that there are multiple ways to spell the same street name,... More...
PD Opportunities in February
Looking for more ways to expand your professional learning? Each month, we’ll highlight a variety of free, online PD opportunities to help you dig deeper into the topics and ideas covered by PowerUp WHAT WORKS. This is just a small selection of... More...
NEWS FLASH! NEW RECIPE FOR FLASH CARDS
We’re all familiar with the tried and true recipe for creating flash cards. You start with a pack of index cards. You add a term or question on one side. On the back, you put the definition or answer. Once you shuffle the deck, you’re... More...
Potential of Podcasts
Dictionary.com defines a Podcast as being, “a digital audio or video file or recording, usually part of a themed series that can be downloaded from a website to a media player or computer.” Podcasts containing news, stories,... More...
- Math (40) Apply Math filter
- Interacting With Peers (14) Apply Interacting With Peers filter
- Modeling (17) Apply Modeling filter
- Organizing (8) Apply Organizing filter
- Supporting Science (12) Apply Supporting Science filter
- Thinking Aloud (6) Apply Thinking Aloud filter
- Understanding Problems (8) Apply Understanding Problems filter
- Using Precise Math Language (10) Apply Using Precise Math Language filter
- Visual Representations (23) Apply Visual Representations filter
- Reading (38) Apply Reading filter
- Context Clues (7) Apply Context Clues filter
- Fluency (9) Apply Fluency filter
- Self-Questioning (10) Apply Self-Questioning filter
- Semantic Mapping (8) Apply Semantic Mapping filter
- Summarizing (20) Apply Summarizing filter
- Visualizing (20) Apply Visualizing filter
- Word Analysis (9) Apply Word Analysis filter
- Writing Process (30) Apply Writing Process filter
School-wide Tech Implementation
- Budget for Technology (8) Apply Budget for Technology filter
- Data Gathering and Analysis (7) Apply Data Gathering and Analysis filter
- Goals (6) Apply Goals filter
- Leadership Teams (19) Apply Leadership Teams filter
- Professional Development (48) Apply Professional Development filter
- Technology Access and Support (30) Apply Technology Access and Support filter
- Vision (12) Apply Vision filter
Supporting Struggling Students
Sep 21, 2018
Sep 05, 2018