Technology tips and teaching strategies aligned with PowerUp WHAT WORKS.
STEM Challenge: Visualization, Representation and Modeling
STEM for All: Personalize STEM Instruction with Accessible Technology A lot of science learning involves being able to create representations and models of processes that we are unable to observe with the naked eye. For example, chemistry... More...
STEM Challenge: STEM Literacy, Vocabulary, and Discourse
STEM for All: Personalize STEM Instruction with Accessible Technology Students in STEM need to master specific vocabulary and be able to use it in their science writing activities (journals, lab reports, etc.). These skills can be... More...
PD on the Go: What is Personalized Learning?
Join us every Friday to see one of our favorite short videos to grow and enhance your practice. Have you heard the term “personalized learning” but you’re not quite sure what it means? This video gives a great overview of what personalized learning... More...
STEM Challenge: Student Engagement and Identity with Science
Students who can envision themselves as scientists or mathematicians are more likely to pursue STEM coursework beyond middle and high school. Many students with disabilities may struggle to see themselves as STEM professionals. Consider... More...
STEM Challenge: Physically "Doing" Science
STEM for All Challenge: Physically "Doing" Science Physical tasks are an important part of many science lessons, from taking soil samples, mixing chemicals, using Bunsen burners, recording data, and performing dissections. This type of... More...
PD on the Go: What is Universal Design for Learning?
Join us every Friday to see one of our favorite short videos to grow and enhance your practice. Personalized instruction encourages students to drive their understanding by choosing a method of engagement from a menu of options. Hear... More...
Creating Mental Images: Visualizing to Improve Understanding in all Content Areas
What is visualizing? Visualizing text means forming mental pictures of the text that is being read. Skilled readers use visualization to imagine or construct a picture of the topic the author is discussing. However, this can be... More...
PD on the Go: 3-D Printing to Empower Kids with Disabilities
Join us every Friday to see one of our favorite short videos to grow and enhance your practice. Take advantage of new technologies and the maker movement to empower your students and encourage the use and development of STEM skills. Watch how... More...
STEM for All: Personalize STEM Instruction with Accessible Technology
Thanks to more accessible technologies and a nationwide effort to engage underrepresented populations in STEM fields, more students with disabilities than ever are pursuing careers in science and engineering. However, many students with disabilities... More...
10 Things You Can Do Today to Improve Accessibility
“Supports to make learning accessible should be built into learning software and hardware by default…Modern public buildings include features such as ramps, automatic doors, or braille on signs to make them accessible by everyone. In the same way,... More...
- Math (40) Apply Math filter
- Interacting With Peers (14) Apply Interacting With Peers filter
- Modeling (17) Apply Modeling filter
- Organizing (8) Apply Organizing filter
- Supporting Science (12) Apply Supporting Science filter
- Thinking Aloud (6) Apply Thinking Aloud filter
- Understanding Problems (8) Apply Understanding Problems filter
- Using Precise Math Language (10) Apply Using Precise Math Language filter
- Visual Representations (23) Apply Visual Representations filter
- Reading (38) Apply Reading filter
- Context Clues (7) Apply Context Clues filter
- Fluency (9) Apply Fluency filter
- Self-Questioning (10) Apply Self-Questioning filter
- Semantic Mapping (8) Apply Semantic Mapping filter
- Summarizing (20) Apply Summarizing filter
- Visualizing (20) Apply Visualizing filter
- Word Analysis (9) Apply Word Analysis filter
- Writing Process (30) Apply Writing Process filter
School-wide Tech Implementation
- Budget for Technology (8) Apply Budget for Technology filter
- Data Gathering and Analysis (7) Apply Data Gathering and Analysis filter
- Goals (6) Apply Goals filter
- Leadership Teams (19) Apply Leadership Teams filter
- Professional Development (48) Apply Professional Development filter
- Technology Access and Support (30) Apply Technology Access and Support filter
- Vision (12) Apply Vision filter
Supporting Struggling Students
Sep 21, 2018
Sep 05, 2018