Technology tips and teaching strategies aligned with PowerUp WHAT WORKS.
PD On the Go: Tech Tips from Teachers - Formative Assessment Apps
Join us every Friday to see one of our favorite short videos to grow and enhance your practice. On this week’s PD On the Go, listen to Emily Tombes, a second grade teacher, discuss how she uses technology-enhanced formative assessment in her... More...
PD On the Go: Intro to Assistive Technology from the Center on Technology and Disability
Join us every Friday to see one of our favorite short videos to grow and enhance your practice. When used appropriately, assistive technology (AT) can enhance learning and improve outcomes for students with disabilities. But what exactly do we mean... More...
Virtual Manipulatives: Cool Math Tools to Support Students With Disabilities
The Achievement Gap Continues In our blog post, we discussed the growing number of virtual math tools to support students with disabilities (SWD) in their efforts to close the achievement gap. Unfortunately, according to the latest... More...
Empower Paraeducators in Your School with PowerUp PD
Paraeducators and other education support professionals (ESPs) have a critical role to play in your plans to integrate technology practices and universal design for learning (UDL) to improve teaching and learning. Working side-by-side with classroom... More...
Our 5 Favorite Free Math Websites: Virtual Manipulatives
Many students with learning disabilities demonstrate difficulty in developing a conceptual understanding of mathematical topics. Fortunately, virtual math manipulatives allow students to see and interact with math concepts which enables them to... More...
Grow Your Personal Professional Network: Our Favorite Administrators on Twitter
Twitter offers an amazing community to connect with education leaders from around the country. Get started with this list of 10 of our favorite Twitter accounts run by school or district administrators. Alberto Carvalho (@miamisup) is a... More...
Grow Your Personal Professional Network: Blogs and Podcasts for Administrators
Next up, in keeping with the summer theme of helping to grow your professional network, we’re going to transition from a focus on teachers to follow, to a focus on administrators to follow. The list of blogs and podcasts below highlight engaging and... More...
Grow Your Professional Network: Our Favorite Twitter Accounts for Teachers
Want to up your edtech game next year? Spend some time this summer growing your professional learning network! Get started with this list of 10 of our favorite Twitter accounts for teachers. Matthew Lynch (@lynch39083) is editor of The Tech... More...
Grow Your Personal Professional Network: Blogs and Podcasts for Teachers
This summer our blog posts are going to focus on helping to grow your professional network. Learn new strategies, find inspiration, and connect with each other! Check out the list of blogs and podcasts listed below that are geared to support... More...
The Future of Assistive Technology – Where Might We Be Going Next?
Think about the types of technology your students (and you!) were using just 10 years ago. What did assistive technology (AT) look like? What is possible now that wasn’t possible then? What might be possible in the next 5 years? The last decade has... More...
- Math (40) Apply Math filter
- Interacting With Peers (14) Apply Interacting With Peers filter
- Modeling (17) Apply Modeling filter
- Organizing (8) Apply Organizing filter
- Supporting Science (12) Apply Supporting Science filter
- Thinking Aloud (6) Apply Thinking Aloud filter
- Understanding Problems (8) Apply Understanding Problems filter
- Using Precise Math Language (10) Apply Using Precise Math Language filter
- Visual Representations (23) Apply Visual Representations filter
- Reading (38) Apply Reading filter
- Context Clues (7) Apply Context Clues filter
- Fluency (9) Apply Fluency filter
- Self-Questioning (10) Apply Self-Questioning filter
- Semantic Mapping (8) Apply Semantic Mapping filter
- Summarizing (20) Apply Summarizing filter
- Visualizing (20) Apply Visualizing filter
- Word Analysis (9) Apply Word Analysis filter
- Writing Process (30) Apply Writing Process filter
School-wide Tech Implementation
- Budget for Technology (8) Apply Budget for Technology filter
- Data Gathering and Analysis (7) Apply Data Gathering and Analysis filter
- Goals (6) Apply Goals filter
- Leadership Teams (19) Apply Leadership Teams filter
- Professional Development (48) Apply Professional Development filter
- Technology Access and Support (30) Apply Technology Access and Support filter
- Vision (12) Apply Vision filter
Supporting Struggling Students
Sep 21, 2018
Sep 05, 2018